Recruiting the right people for any business is vital for its success and Keele University can help you to do just that. We have access to hundreds of graduates who can bring fresh ideas to benefit your business.
If you are looking for a graduate to work on an internship lasting anywhere between 2 days and 12 months, are an SME and based in the West Midlands, we can find you graduates with skills in Marketing, Business, IT, Science, Design and Engineering, as well as enthusiasm and a genuine desire to gain experience.
Whether you need a graduate to complete a short project for you, or whether you are looking for a new long-term recruit, we can help.
What are we offering?
At Keele we will:
- Advertise your role
- Short-list applicants
- Select the best applicant for your needs
- Provide you with a dedicated contact from our Internships team for general advice and guidance
How much does it cost?
This scheme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) so our recruitment service is free of charge. The only cost to you is the graduate’s wage. The minimum wage for this scheme is £250 per 37.5 hour working week or £6.67 per hour.
When can the graduate start?
As soon as we receive your completed application form we will start looking for a graduate for you straight away. Graduates can start their internships any time. Places are unlimited and the scheme runs until 2014 so if you need a new graduate any time in the next 3 years, get in touch.
Types of internship
As long as the work is graduate level, we can help you. Possible ideas for a graduate internship include
- Writing press releases and pitching them to publications
- Evaluating your current marketing activities and developing creative strategies to move your company forward
- Undertaking market research, through online surveys, focus groups and face to face meeting
- Writing engaging company literature and website copy
- Business Development
- Helping your company gain a quality standard such as ISO9001 and Investors in People
- Researching new markets
- Organising high-profile events and networking on behalf of your company
- Developing training and development materials for your business
- Environmental Management
- Researching methods for waste reduction and recycling
- Looking into ways to improve your energy efficiency
- Helping your company gain an environmental quality standard such as ISO14001
- Looking into carbon reduction techniques
- Developing green training for employees
- Designing, developing and testing new software
- Researching new developments in IT and implementing innovative IT solutions
- Developing your company website, and ensuring SEO
- Designing and updating your website
- Science and Engineering
- Developing and testing new product lines
- Undertaking laboratory-based research and development
- Prototyping and testing new designs
- Applying your investigative skills when fault finding
How to get involved:
For more information on Keele University Graduate Internships, visit www.keele.ac.uk/internships or contact the Internships team on 01782 733371 or firstname.lastname@example.org